An update has been released, and here is an overview of what was improved in Bankfeed version 14.0.
Product updates in version 14.0
Intelligent and automated approach to payment management
Check out the features of Bankfeed.
Changed names of functions, pages and tables
After Bankfeed’s update to version 14.0 you will notice that almost all names of functions, pages and tables are changed. We will walk you through all the changes below.
- “Document Blobs (Bankfeed)” changed to “Statement Batches (Bankfeed)”.
- “Bank Statements (Bankfeed)” was removed and changed to a new filter page “Statements (Bankfeed)”.
In this “Statements (Bankfeed)” page, according to the selected filters, we can see the not yet registered “Statement lines” and already “Registered Statement lines”.
Filters are available by Statement Batch number, Bank account card number, Currency and dates.
The “Statements (Bankfeed)” page can be opened through Search or from the “Statement Lines (Bankfeed)” page by selecting the line and clicking “Statements” in the action pane – then all lines of that statement are opened.
- “Bank Statement Lines (Bankfeed)” changed to “Statement Lines (Bankfeed)”.
- “Bank Statement Entries (Bankfeed)” changed to “Posted Statement Lines (Bankfeed)”.
- Function “Process Financial Statements (Bankfeed)” changed to “Process Statement Batches (Bankfeed)”.
To sum up:
Improvements in the "Integration Setup (Bankfeed)"
The “Integration Setup (Bankfeed)” page has been updated by changing the names of some fields, grouping settings into related functional areas and providing clearer field descriptions. Some fields are automatically filled with default, most commonly used values.
"Open Statement Line (Bankfeed)" from journal line
When reviewing filled journal lines, sometimes it is necessary to open the original line of the statement to check what information it contains. From now on, each journal line can open a related “Statement Line (Bankfeed)”.
Select the line in the journal and click “Line” – > “Unposted Transaction (Bankfeed)”.
Choose "Booking date" or "Value date" as a "Transaction date"
Transactions in bank statements have two dates, the Booking Date and the Value date; in some cases, they are different. Until now, when parsing bank statements, the Booking Date was used as the default Transaction Date, but various customers have different needs. Also, some banks treat these dates differently. Therefore, we added the possibility to choose which date should be used as the Transaction date.
The selection can be made in the “Integration Setup (Bankfeed)”.
The setting change will only take effect for newly created statement lines.
Improved automatic posting abilities
Automatic posting of journal lines can be processed by the function “Process Statement Batches (Bankfeed)”. By selecting “Posting” you may choose which lines should be automatically posted.
- If none of the options is checked (only Post Journals), all lines in the journal will be registered.
- If you check “Only recognized” – the lines with the “Recognition Status (Bankfeed)” “Recognized” will be registered.
- If you check “Only Fully Applied” – only those lines, which are marked as “Initial Application Full (Bankfeed)” will be registered. It means that the full payment amount is matched with the documents.
Additional "Employee" "Account Type" in the "Text-to-Account Mapping (Bankfeed)"
In the “Text-to-Account Mapping (Bankfeed)”, there is now an ability to map text to a new “Account Type” – “Employee”. It is relevant only for customers using the standard Business Central Employee cards.
IBAN in "Connected Bank Accounts" page
The IBAN Column has been added to the list of connected bank accounts to make it easier for customers to identify the connected accounts.